Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We have an almost walker

We had a major event last night :) Gemma took her first steps, 4 to be exact!
She has been great at standing on her own for quite a while, but every time we ask her to walk towards us, she takes that as her cue to sit down and crawl. Well Nana and Papa were over for dinner last night, and she was standing by Papa holding on to his leg. She was wanting me to hold her so Papa helped her walk towards me but let go after a couple of steps. I assumed she would do what she always does and sit down, but instead she took a step, balanced a little, and then took three more slow steps until she reached me. We all held our breath while she made her move, and burst out in cheer the second she made it. It startled her a little but she quickly realized the attention was on her...so she of course cheered too.
She took another 5 steps today!! I desperately tried to get her on camera but this was the best I could do. I'm sure in a few weeks, walking will be yesterdays news and I'll be desperately trying to get some other cute thing on camera. Until then...this is too fun!!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to get home!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma1/05/2011

    Thanks for putting this video up. I know it is hard to get a video of something like that, but it sure is nice for us who can't be there to see first steps in person.

    ReplyDelete