Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reflux to snot

Well I no longer think Makael has reflux. I'm relieved! I believe all those "symptoms" I described before were due to congestion. I don't know why I didn't think of that...duh! Gemma had a pretty serious cold all last week, but unlike hers, his "congestion" wasn't flowing out of his nose like an open faucet. I know it's pretty typical for newborns to have congestion, so I didn't think anything of it, but now that he's getting better, he's acting more like the sweet low maintenance baby I quickly learned to love a few weeks back. The thought of taking care of a baby with a cold is way less stressful than a baby with reflux.

He's becoming more and more smiley by the day. I'll add (or brag) that he (just like Gemma) started smiling at three and a half weeks. It's pretty easy to get him to smile if he has just eaten...imagine that! Nothing like having a full tummy to make a boy happy. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...those smiles are the absolute best! I can't help but instantly laugh. There's no way to avoid it. He has a few different smiles... theres the smirk of contentment, the sweet squinty eyes, and my absolute favorite, the wide mouth, head turned, eyes shut smile. It's like he's wanting to laugh with me but hasn't quite figured out how to make the noise to match how he feels. On that note...he has started to make a few "cooing" noises here and there, which are enough to make anyone drop what they're doing and do whatever possible to get him to do it again. I basically act like a fool trying to get him to talk back...and it rarely works...he just gets wide eyed and stares back as if to say, "mom, please don't embarrass yourself like that".






See what I mean? Cuteness!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/18/2011

    I can't believe how big he looks! And how adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/18/2011

    Nana (above)

    ReplyDelete