Thursday, October 20, 2011

Once Upon a Time

No question Gemma is an extrovert. She plays the "shy kid" on occasion, but can only keep that up for about two minutes before she drops that act and wants to be your loudest friend. I would say that David and I are both outgoing, but not at her level, so I've always wondered where she got it from. Well I found out. At our last mall outing, while we waited for David to come out from one of the stores, she began hiding in the kiosk where they set out all the calendars and games for the holidays. When someone came close, she would jump out and stand in the very middle of the walkway with her arms stretched open, trying to get the people to bump into them as they passed by. I'm honestly surprised she didn't make them give her a password or say "open sesame" (a game she plays with David) before letting them by. This provoked everyone to smile and giggle which of course just made her keep doing it. I just had to laugh as I watched my two year old stand in the middle of the walkway with arms stretched out and realize she is just like her aunt Elly. Elly did the same thing around that age, in the middle of an airport...in Mexico! You know you are outgoing when you are willing to do that for strangers who look nothing like you and speak a completely different language. Hahaha.
There are a couple of other things that I'm not sure where she picked up. She starting telling David he's her hero. Now I'll admit it's the sweetest thing in the whole wide world to hear her call her daddy her hero...but where did she even learn the word "hero"?
And she's now saying "once upon a time" every time she sits to read a book to herself. Yes, we do read her books, but I can't recall reading her one that actually starts with "once upon a time". All I know is I have to be extremely careful what I say around her. She hears something once...and she repeats it!

Here she is reading my bible. HA! Notice she starts with "once upon a time".





1 comment:

  1. Cute video. Love the once upon a time. What made her start talking about rocks?

    ReplyDelete