Friday, September 23, 2011

Under construction

The blog will be undergoing some changes for the next few weeks. I keep sitting down to change the look, but never get done before I have to go do something else. So don't be surprised if it's a different color or format every time I post for a while.

Two weeks in and I'm still in the process of adjusting to two kids. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will get there. I'm just perpetually busy! I feel so accomplished and think I'm finding a rhythm on days when I'm able to get the kids dressed, feed them breakfast, and get the cleaning done for the day...and then I realized I still havne't gotten myself dressed. However, I think the biggest adjustment has been getting used to the fact that it takes ten times as long to get out the door to go anywhere. No matter how early I start getting things ready, I still feel like I'm rushing to get out the door on time. It's still a little chaotic, but I'm loving every second of it.

Makael continues to be a really easy baby. We've had a few long nights, but I honestly don't care. My days are so busy taking care of him and Gemma, that I sort of enjoy being up at night and spending time with just him. I just hope I don't suddenly crash from the lack of sleep.

I still can't figure out who he looks like, all I know is that he's getting cuter by the day. He's still pretty small but he is starting to feel heavier, and his head has definitely grown :) I'm excited to find out how much he weighs at his two week check up next week!

Things with Gemma haven't been so easy unfortunately. This week has been especially hard. We've had some pretty major "battle of wills", and I feel like I can honestly say she's showing me the "terrible twos" everyone always talks about. Thankfully I have learned a few things from these battles:
1. She's very smart...but I'm still smarter.
2. As long as I win the battle (no matter how hard that might be), the rest of our day usually goes smoothly.
3. I appreciate her good behavior so much more now.
4. I know without a doubt that I love her unconditionally.
5. She's going to make me a better parent.

There's really not much more to report. I've had two glorious crazy weeks with two precious kids!



It takes serious skill to fall asleep standing up.




Loved his first bath! I don't know why I didn't think to give Gemma her first bath in the bathroom sink. It's much more size appropriate.




Hated drying off!



Clean, content, and oh so cute after his bath.

1 comment: