Sunday, September 11, 2011

He's here!!!!

Makael Dawson Boyd
Born 9/9/11 at 11:55 a.m.
5 lbs 7 oz
19 inches

Well, the waiting game is over and we have a precious baby boy! It's still very surreal, and neither David or I are used to saying "he".

I will spare you on the whole labor and delivery story. I'll just say that it was the worst 5 hours of my life, and if you ask David, my mom, or my sister about it, they'll more than likely tell you I turned into a crazy person. But the second little Makael made his entrance, I was instantly smitten! Goodness, he's sweet!

Things are going really well this time...well, I won't speak for Makael since at this very moment he's off getting circumcised (poor little guy). I feel great, Makael is a pro at nursing, and overall I think David and I are much more relaxed. Although we are dying to go home to Gemma, our own bed, and our "normal" life, having time with just our little man has been pretty special. And little he is! He weighed in today at 5 lbs 2 oz, only 5 oz less than his birth weight. He's such a little champ, and such a big eater :)
I'm a little surprised at how completely in love I am with him. Obviously I knew I would love him, but I never imagined it would be so much, so fast.
I'm sure the last couple of days have been a little confusing for Gemma. I'm so thankful for everyone that has taken such good care of her (Papa, Nana, Grandpa, Lita, aunt Elly, and uncle Brett). We owe you guys big time! I've missed her so much the last couple of days, and I can't wait to get home and play, or read books, or just watch "Fox and the Hound" with her for the thousandth time. I still can't believe she's a big sister.

There will definitely be pictures posted this week, and a more gender neutral "new" blog.


2 comments:

  1. I love your Blog! You are such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lita (Grandma)9/13/2011

    You ARE a good writer. Who would have thought .. since you never seemed to do that kind of thing before.

    ReplyDelete