Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Staycation

David took a whole week off over Thanksgiving which completely put me in the "holiday mode". Sadly, today we had to go back to our regular routines. It was so much fun doing stuff with the kids, getting things done around the house, and sleeping in every day. What a treat to not have to wake up at 5:00 for my runs!! Throughout the week...

 We officially started the beginning stages of finishing off our basement. We have somewhat of a "timeline", but I'm pretty skeptical we're going to be able to follow it. As long as it's done before baby #3 arrives I'll be thrilled. Unfortunately, Makael doesn't do well at all with loud noises, so we had to leave the house any time they were working downstairs.  Looks like we will be visiting lots of friends or spending most of our days at the library in the coming months.

Gemma had her 4 year check up and we were pretty excited to find out she's in the 75th percentile for both height and weight.  I haven't been worried about her at all, but it's still a nice feeling to know your kid is healthy and growing.  Now if we could just get her little brother to jump up in the percentiles too!

We bought a mini van! It hurt a little bit I'm not going to lie, but I have to admit there are definite perks about it, and the kids love that they can open and close their doors with the press of a button. I guess I'm just officially old...or maybe just a little less cool.

Baby #3 decided to let himself/herself known! Actually, I felt the first few flutters on Gemma's birthday, but last week was the beginning of "consistent" movement and David got to feel a kick for the first time on Thanksgiving day! This kid must like special occasions. Since then, Gemma has also gotten to feel a kick...you should have seen her face light up!  Now that I can feel him/her, things are starting to feel more real, and I'm getting anxious to start on the nursery.  It's crazy how excited I am this time (about the baby, not the nursery). We won't be finding out the gender again, but I have my suspicions of what it is :)  Unlike with Gemma and Makael, we aren't having as hard of a time figuring out a name.  I think our boy name is pretty much settled on, and we have our girl name somewhat narrowed down. That's not to say we won't change our minds between now and May, but we are way ahead of the game compared to where we usually are at this point.

We of course celebrated Thanksgiving...twice.  Thursday we celebrated with the Boyd side of the family, and Friday we celebrated with the Yarbrough side.  Both days were filled with fun, food, and thanksgiving! And woulnd't you know...I didn't take any pictures.  So if any of you have some, please pass them on my way :)  Makael spent most of Thanksgiving day jabbering on about a "stomping elephant", while Gemma spent the entire day recruiting people to play with her.  Natalie, just so you know, she told me playing with the girl with the striped dress and black tights was her favorite part. So know your time with her was much appreciated :)
These are the only two pictures I took...

Natalie with Gemma's and their block creations. 

Showing his great great grandma the "stomping elephant".


 We ended the week getting the house ready for Christmas. Once David had the tree up, I of course had to do all the work. Those darn Christmas lights!! Gemma "helped" by getting all the ornaments out of the box and gently placing all them on the coffee table.  She got excited about every single ornament! She would pull it out of the box, show it to David, and go on and on about how beautiful it was.  It was a perfect afternoon. I'm looking forward to our Christmas staycation!



These pictures have nothing to do with the week, I just like them and they were on my phone too :)

One of his favorite activities.

This actually did happen last week! Not the best picture of it, but he took a pretty bad spill and hit his nose on the top wooden stair. 


I love this one of her!


No comments:

Post a Comment