Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall Fun

As much as I love fall, the change in seasons usually means an increase in sickness.  We've all taken turns fighting off colds, and Gemma and Makael both had a pretty nasty stomach bug last week. Because of that bug, Gemma missed a day of school last Tuesday. You would have thought the world was coming to an end.  She was devastated!  Come Thursday she was beyond excited to go, and to make things even better, it was picture day!  I'll admit I spent a little extra time doing her hair but I went ahead and let her pick out her outfit.  She always has such an opinion about her clothes that I thought it might be fun to capture her personality and "tastes" in her first school pictures. It's only preschool right? I highly doubt her 3 and 4 year old classmates are really "that" in tune with fashion to even know if her clothes match or not, so it's not like she was going to be embarrassed. Oddly enough, she picked an outfit I would have probably picked out for her. A cute dark purple shirt, jeans, and her pink shoes.  She looked pretty cute if I do say so myself :)

Makael is getting used to our one on one outings during the time Gemma is at school. Sometimes I wish I could go home, turn on a movie for him, and get all of my cleaning done before we go pick Gemma back up. Unfortunately Makael doesn't approve one bit of that idea. I've tried it a couple of times, but the second I pull into our neighborhood he starts crying and yelling "go back, go bye bye". He's definitely not a home body. So we find other things to do, even if it's just going to the mall to play on the jumpy toys.  I had NO idea how many mall walkers there are at 9 o'clock  in the morning.

We took the kids to the pumpkin patch this week. It was so much fun! The last time I was there, Gemma was only 10 months old and I didn't think it was that memorable.  Well, going with a two and an almost 4 year old is a completely different experience.  The LOVED it.  Makael ran around most of the time just yelling and wanting to get up on the tall straw horses.  I'm surprised he didn't lose his voice given how cold and windy it was. Gemma was all about feeding the animals and picking out a pumpkin.  Pretty sure she picked one of the uglier pumking out there, but whatever. It was fun regardless.

10 weeks today with baby #3  and I'm feeling hopeful that my days of morning sickness are behind me. I might have an hour or two throughout the day that I feel crummy, but as long as I don't wait too long between meals I usually feel okay. My mind is already racing and keeping me up at night. What names do we like? Should we find out the gender this time? What color should I paint the nursery? David has been leaning towards finding out the sex of the baby this time, but I haven't been able to fully commit to that idea yet...don't know why.  I know we still have some time to decide, but knowing me, the decision won't be made until we are at the ultrasound and the Dr. asks us if we want to know.  Regardless, I'm crazy excited about this little guy/gal.  I'm pretty sure this is our last baby so I'm doing my best to enjoy every moment, but I am more than happy to say goodbye to the nausea and dry heaving.

 
Makael's favorite 
 
Feeding the goats




You would have thought they climbed a mountain.



And again...he could have spent the whole time here.  


Not ready to end the fun at the end of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment