Monday, February 13, 2012

Gemma is such a little lady now. It's hard to believe that at this time last year, she was just learning to walk and this year she's officially potty trained. Everyone told me time would fly by once I had kids...I had no idea!

We experienced a "first" a couple nights ago. She had her first bad dream. Well, obviously I have no clue when she had her first bad dream, but it was the first time she woke up and wanted to get in our bed because she was scared. Gosh it was sweet! I can remember climbing into my parents' bed when I woke up with bad dreams, and just like David did, my parents would get tired of me taking up room in their bed and eventually carry me back to my room. That part I hated! So if it hadn't been for the fact that we had gotten little to no sleep the previous 4 days with both kids being sick, I would have stopped David from swooping her up to go tuck her back into her own bed. Thankfully, I don't think she woke up enough to realize what was going on.

Yesterday was Valentines day and Gemma got spoiled by her daddy. Actually she and I both did! I got a surprise day at the spa, and Gemma got a bag full of little gifts. The fact that David came home to surprise us just as I had put her in her room for nap time was probably the best part for her. She loves anything that interferes with her having to take a nap.

A look at how she has changed...

February 2011


February 2012

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/15/2012

    She is growing up way too fast. Sweet post. Nana

    ReplyDelete