Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Agh! Gemma is sick AGAIN. Remember how I told you we postponed her shots because she had been fighting a cold for 9 days? Well it's back. Thankfully she was healthy for the week of Thanksgiving and for her shots yesterday...maybe her shots is why she's having a relapse. I'm sick of it! I'm pretty tired of wiping snot off her nose, but mainly I just feel so bad for her. Her eyes are all watery and her nose is running enough to keep her upper lip perpetually red and chapped. I'm so used to her nasally voice I've almost forgotten what she really sounds like. She just seems miserable! Not only do I feel bad for her, but I'm constantly paranoid that Makael is going to get it too. He sounds a little congested but so far it hasn't interfered with his sleep. Speaking of which, he is a sleeping champ! He goes to bed at 8:00 p.m. and doesn't wake up for his first feeding until 5:30. I'm usually already up getting ready to go for a run. As weird as it may seem, I'm sad we don't have those midnight feeding anymore. He gets extra sweet during those late hours. He loves to burrow into my neck while I'm burping him and give out the sweetest little sighs.
I'm still worried about how little he's eating. He'll be 12 weeks on Friday and he's still only eating 2.5 ounces, with me basically forcing him. He either gets restless and fights me the whole time, or he stares at me and smiles...basically he'll do anything to avoid eating. What a weird baby! I guess I won't worry too much unless he stops growing. He's still pretty small, but growing non the less.

Makael and Gemma's bond seems to be growing every day. He gives her some of the biggest smiles I've ever seen, and she gets so distraught if he's crying and I don't tend to him immediately. It's cute!
Yesterday afternoon, Makael was getting tired so he was fussing as I walked into Gemma's room to get her up from her nap. She put out her arms and ever so sweetly said, "Come see me Makael, you be okay". I would love to be able to say that he calmed right down and all was well, but no, he continued crying while I got her a cup of milk and got her a snack. At least she tried to help :)

Sisterly love


Crazy Hair!


She managed to tape herself. I thought it was kind of funny when I found it. I think she was using the camera as a phone.

1 comment:

  1. I am really surprised this is the only video she has taken of herself.

    ReplyDelete