Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pancakes are Good!

I was pretty sure Gemma would be crawling by the end of this month, but considering there are only four days left, I'm pretty sure that won't be happening. David and I are leaving for a six day trip to Mexico next Wednesday, so there is a possibility that she will start crawling while we are gone. Such a sad thought. However, as long as she's happy and healthy while we're gone, I guess I can't really complain.

She got sick again last week. No fun at all! She cried Friday night from 7:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. when we finally decided to take her to the emergency room. I was at a loss. There aren't many things I dislike more than not being able to help her feel better when she is sick, or even just figure out where she's hurting. She seemed to calm down some once we got to the hospital, so after waiting for half hour without being seen, we decided to just take her home. We found out she caught, as her pediatrician put it, "the virus of the month".

On top of being sick, she has also been teething. In the last two weeks she has gotten all four upper front teeth. She has handled that surprising well.

She's eating anything and everything these days! It sometimes surprises me how much she can eat. Fruits and veggies just aren't cutting it anymore. Thankfully she doesn't seem to be a picky eater, so she usually just has some of whatever we're having for dinner. Yesterday however, I got the urge to make her something special so I made her some pancakes. I tried to make them as healthy as possible using organic buckwheat pancake mix, applesauce, egg yokes, and rice milk. She LOVED them. I don't usually enjoy cooking, (I do it only because we have to eat) but I had a lot of fun making these. It felt good to make her something healthy and then watch her devour them. I think I'll have to make pancakes a Saturday tradition.

3 comments:

  1. Grandma7/27/2010

    Is she eating meat now? Did you put pure, real maple syrup on her pancakes?
    Once she starts crawling her cute thighs are going to disappear, I think. She is so inquisitive she will be going all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma7/27/2010

    I want to see that dress on her in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, there is a problem with this post....it was posted at 5, as in the one with AM attached to it, not the hip let's start getting ready to go out to dinner kind with a swank PM attached.
    Second, I would like to join in on the Saturday pancake tradition, but only if it can be associated with a PM number.

    ReplyDelete