Monday, January 7, 2013

First post of 2013

Well here we are...another year. We had a great December even though 3 out of 4 of us were sick most of the time. This time I had the unfortunate pleasure of ushering us into the flu season. I just hope we don't have a repeat of last year and take turns being sick for two months straight.

Gemma was especially fun this past Christmas.  She got over the top excited about every single gift and was incredibly good about thanking people and giving them hugs. I actually got teary eyed a couple of times watching her.  She sure made things seem more magical :)

Makael is beyond adorable right now.  Saying new words and showing more and more personality by the day. I'm pretty sure he's going to be my little comedian.  Besides communicating through grunting, he's lost most of his babyness.   I'm not sure exactly when it changed, but his playing and interactions are definitely more little boy than baby now. He loves to stack things, pretend to eat and drink things out of cups, and wrestle with Gemma. As sweet natured as he is, he doesn't hold back when it comes to wrestling.  

I meant to document Makael's stats last month when he had his 15 month check up, but time got away from me. In case you were wondering, (which probably only grandparents care) he weighed 19 lbs 8oz, keeping him in the 10th percentile for weight.  However, the big shocker of the appointment was finding out he jumped from the 10th to the 50th percentile in hight!  What a growing boy!

Here are some pictures of our December...

I asked her to pose for the picture. Ha!


Like I said...a little comedian.

He's the cutest!

Running down the sidewalk is another favorite thing to do. 

:)

He loves to "vacuum".

Admiring his new ornament.

He pulled the pretzels out of the pantry on his own.  That's a guilty smile. 

Opening presents!!





She's so much fun!

Uncle Clay kept telling her "secrets".

Wanting cousin Aksel to play.

My man :)

6 comments:

  1. Did you take any of these with new camera part? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics Audrey! I love your writing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom: I didn't have the new flash for most of these yet...but yes, I love it.
    Scott: Thanks! One of my resolutions for this year is to blog more frequently, so hopefully that means a lot more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/08/2013

    Love the pics and the blog! Was just about to post on FB asking for a new blog.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture of you and david!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I miss the Boyds! Thanks for the snapshot of life. I'll try to update the picture in my mind! Gemma and Makael are sooo cute and look like they're in such a fun stage! And their little personalities shine through in the pics! Love!

    ReplyDelete