Saturday, March 10, 2012

6 months



I've been trying to post a blog since Makael turned 6 months old (last Friday) but for some reason only pictures I've taken with my phone will upload. Very frustrating! I've gotten some really cute ones of him recently that I wanted to include. Pictures or not, I have to give an update...6 months is a big deal!
Makael now weighs 13 lbs 12 oz, and is 25 inches tall. He's consistently staying in the 2 percentile, which is fine by me so long as he continues to grow. He's now getting real food which has been interesting. So far, we know that he hates zucchini, is okay with broccoli and sweet potatoes, and is a huge fan of apple sauce. He's also starting to insist on holding his own bottle, and is sitting up on his own (note the pictures above)! Most importantly, depending on how swollen his gums are I can feel his first two bottom teeth. He's been busy!
He's getting more and more playful by the day, and I just love it! He has learned how to give kisses, growl, and make all sorts of cute gibberish noises. Along with being more playful, he's also getting louder. We are going to have to start sending him to Sunday night day care during small group since he's becoming quite the distraction trying to "partake" in the discussion. I'm a little sad about it, I have yet to even send him to the nursery on Sunday mornings, but I think it will be good for him. He's much more reserved than Gemma was at this age, and has started to get upset if I leave the room, so it will be good to get him used to being okay with other people taking care of him.
I'll sound like a broken record and say it again, time is going by way too fast...but in a fun way :)

2 comments:

  1. Lita (Grandma)3/16/2012

    What's the deal with the pictures? They don't zoom in when you click on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knows...the pictures are from my phone because my camera pictures wouldn't upload to the blog for some reason.

    ReplyDelete