Tuesday, January 10, 2012

4 Months!

I think it's crazy Makael is already 4 months old. I think time must speed up exponentially with each kid, because I could have sworn I just had him yesterday. He continues to be a very content baby and definitely has his mommy smitten with him. He cried for the first time because someone else was holding him last Sunday. I'm not going to lie...it made me feel very special :)

At four months Makael...
  • weighs 12 lbs 6 oz, and is 23 1/4 inches long.
  • has officially found his fingers, which reside inside his mouth at all times.
  • has figured out how to blow rasberries.
  • hates loud noises (which is a problem with his big sister around).
  • loves the jumperoo.
  • is getting really close to being able to sit up on his own.
  • loves it when I sing to him.
  • still takes the prize for most smiley baby. Even during his biggest cries he'll figure out some way to smile at me. It's pretty amazing.
I got a phone call from the pediatrician's office yesterday reminding me that he had his 4 months check up today, which was good since I had completely forgotten! It was kind of nice to forget though...I didn't have time to dwell on the visit like I usually do. I always dread taking them in for shots. Unfortunately he fell from the 10th to the 5th percentile in both weight and height which isn't ideal, so we've made some adjustments in hopes he gains a little more weight. I'll take him in again in a month to make sure he's gaining weight and eating better. The doctor did mention he looked very proportionate and healthy so he wasn't overly concerned.

Fascinated by the toys on the jumperoo...I love the concentration.

No comments:

Post a Comment