Wednesday, May 18, 2011

18 Months

I have a crazy couple of days ahead of me so it was imperative that I wrote today, or who knows when I would be able to get to it.
Gemma and I spent this past weekend just us girls while Dad was away at a wedding. We had a pretty good time. I took her on a run with me one morning, and let me tell you...it's unbelievably hard to push a stroller on the trail when you're 22 weeks pregnant. At least it was a good workout. We even got to see two horses on the trail, which prompted Gemma to yell out "neigh!!" over and over again for the last mile (that's what a horse says by the way).
We unfortunately had pretty bad weather, but Gemma being the outdoorsy girl that she is wouldn't let that stop her, so I put her in her ridiculously cute rain coat and let her go outside. She immediately found the deepest puddle she could and stomped around in it for 20 minutes until I got cold and decided we better go in. She willingly went in without fussing only because I told her she was going to take a bath. She could live in water I think.
She had her 18 month check up today. I cannot believe she's a year and a half already. She weighs 25lbs and is 32 inches tall. Her pediatrician told me she was right on track to be 5'3" and weigh 175....He then started laughing when he saw my face expression. He reassured me it's perfectly normal for kids her age to be in a higher weight percentage than height. She's perfectly healthy and much to my relief was scheduled for NO SHOTS!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment