Thursday, June 11, 2015

No longer a baby.

Our Esmé is one. Just like that. Frankly, she made it pretty easy on us.  Our first year went by without a hitch. I kept expecting a bad spell to happen where she was high maintenance, got separation anxiety, needed to be sleep trained, refuse to eat, or SOMETHING...but it never happened. And while I'm very thankful for that, it made the year go by way too quickly.  All parents know it's very bitter-sweet to have your baby turn one, and I think it's especially true when it's your last baby.  I love the stage she's in right now.  She's a busy bee for sure, inquisitive, intelligent, independent, and cuddly all wrapped up in a bundle of cuteness...but I miss a year ago. I miss her new smell, her newborn noises, and our midnight feedings where it was just the two of us. Knowing how fleeting those moments are I soaked it in as much as I could, and yet they still passed too quickly. Because I had no say in the matter, May arrived... I cried a little, but then we partied! Friends and family came to celebrate both her birthday and her dedication, and given my disinclination to throw parties, it went really well ;)

I realize it's been a month since her birthday, but May was a whirlwind of birthdays, graduations, end of school events, doctors appointments, so I was left with no chance to blog. Then June hit, and I have just basked in the extra down time. I've been able to clean my house, finish a few projects, take the kids to the pool, and almost (but not fully) relax. Ha! There's been so much to blog about recently though, so I will be writing again soon ;)

A few pictures of our birthday girl!

1 week old: 5 lbs 9 oz
One year old: 16 lbs 8 oz

The Party
Cousins

Loves her aunt Elly!

Mothers and daughters

There's not much this girl won't eat.

Add caption

She started walking full time 2 days before her birthday.

Personality!

Already an iphone fan.



Some of my bestest friends!

Birthday selfie with cousin Emma. 

Dedication time.


It was hard keeping her preoccupied. 

Stealing notes out of grandpa's pocket during prayer. 

She loves her daddy!


She loved the birthday song...

...and being the center of attention.

Loved it!



One of my favorite pictures. All the girl cousins in order by age...and it wasn't even staged!


The baby!









3 comments:

  1. Finally got to read this! All wonderful pics but I laughed at the last one. Everyone happy but David doesn't want frosting on his shirt. If he is going to be so close to Esme when she eats cake, he should go topless like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esme is the last baby for sure?? Who could not want another one of her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another favorite is the second picture of her walking when looks surprising graceful for a little tyke, and she is glancing to the side as if nothing to being one, and as cute as anything.

    ReplyDelete