Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14th

It's November. My favorite month of the year...  I love that the temperature drops and it's okay because Christmas is just around the corner, it's the beginning of the "holiday season" and Christmas music is suddenly acceptable, and it holds Thanksgiving which happens to be my favorite day of the year. Three years ago today it became even more special...our family was introduced to Gemma. No way I could have imagined how much of a blessing she would be.  

Before tucking her into bed last night, I reminded her that when she woke up, she would be three years old.  I'll be honest, she didn't have much of a reaction to that, but she was clearly paying more attention than I realized because she walked out of her room this morning at 6:45 (earlier than she has woken up all year) and asked me where all the people and decorations were for her party. Ha! She's got this birthday thing figured out.  She also wanted to go stand in front of her growth chart to see if she had grown :)


Happy Birthday Gemma!!


1 comment:

  1. She is over 3 feet tall it looks like, and she thinks her birthday is like Christmas. Presents in the morning and celebration all day long!

    ReplyDelete