Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Not so little anymore

It didn't take very long for Gemma to realize the significance of her new found talent. She's crawling everywhere, getting into everything, and pulling up on whatever she can find (okay, the pulling up is still a work in progress, but she tries). I absolutely love having a crawler! Obviously I have to keep a closer eye on her, but she seems to be even happier now with a little more independence.

Yesterday she figured out her sippy cup :) I had been offering it at every meal for a few weeks, but she would only bite on it and then throw it around. She finally took a big suck, and got a big mouth full of water. Her eyes got all red, she chocked a bit, then got a huge grin and pointed at it wanting more. Of course, as soon as the water was done and I took it away, she threw a fit (becoming pretty frequent these days).


Her little vocabulary is my favorite thing right now. I think it's amazing she's already using words. She can say book, bath, bottle, cat, Max, Papa, and Dada. Max is my parents dog who we have every week for a few days while they're in St. Louis. "Max" is usually the first thing she says when she wakes up. She LOVES him.

Daddy took this last night before putting her to bed. She absolutely loves books. Sorry it's a little long.

No comments:

Post a Comment